Sunday, October 12, 2014

How Great the Lord Is

9/29/14

Hola familia!!!!! 

So remember when I talked to you about Virgilio two weeks ago? I need to tell you the rest of the miracle. He did not come to church last sunday and we went to figure out why (now with my new companion) and it turns out that a member discouraged him that he could change. He was hurt really really bad that he shut himself in his house. And he told us if people like that were in the church that he did not want anything to do with it. But we stayed firm and tried to help him feel more calm and then we left. We came the next day and this time he was more calm but had decided that now he did not want to change. He knows the Gospel is true, but did not want to lose his social life. That was so hard! To know that someone knows that the gospel is true and say that they do not want to change because it will be hard. I could not believe it, I did not know how to feel! But I kept praying for him. And then arriving at church on sunday guess who was outside the church....Virgilio!!!! I almost cried and gave him a big hug, but I did not do it because I am a missionary. But I wanted to. He was nervous to enter because he did not want everyone to give him looks. But he entered. ANd then he left after the second meeting. I did not know what to think at this point. if he was going to go back to work in mexico or if what?? Then he sent us a message that said when he arrives in mexico city he will be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still cannot believe it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How great the Lord is in softening the hearts of people so that they can receive this grand blessing of the Gospel. I just love it! 

I love you all so much! Also something that came to my mind this week, sometimes it is just good to say thank you. It can really brighten someones day! 

Love you all so much! 
HErmana taylor  


a good soup and some turtle eggs - i do not believe we should eat turtles





No comments:

Post a Comment