Thursday, March 6, 2014

I am trying to be like Jesus 1/27/14

Hola Familia! 
I will for sure be praying for him and the brewers. Thank goodness for this Gospel.  
I have a story for you this week. There is this one street that my companion and I walk almost everyday and this week when we were walking Someone called out to us from one of the houses and my companion practically ran to him because we are trying to talk to as many people as we can about the Gospel. Entonces, we met Sergio. He is 28 years old and reminds me a lot of Jeff Brewer. I don´t really know why, he just does. He told us that about a year ago he met elders and received a Book of Mormon, but I guess the Elders never came back or something like that. So anyways, he is very interested in the Gospel and we have been teaching him this week and he is understanding everything and really likes the Gospel. He is very enthusiastic and came to church with us yesterday for all three hours which is a big accomplishment to have an investigator attend church with us for all three hours. And he liked it. So Sergio makes me really happy. He has accepted to be baptized on March 1, but we are going to ask permission to baptize him sooner because he is so ready for the Gospel. So that is very exciting.  
Displaying IMG_1333.JPG
Something that really impressed me in my personal study this week was the phrase, - I am trying to be like Jesus - it is because I was studying the attributes of Christ and I thought to myself how my actions and attitude would change if I just remembered this simple phrase throughout the day. Because this is the ultimate goal for all of us - to become like Jesus and do as He would do. Love you all! 
Hermana Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment